QuickBooks is designed for all those that feel their current accounting software is either too limited, doesn't have enough features or doesn't support online banking.
QuickBooks is ideal for those running a business and need a powerful accounting software solution. Whatsmore, it's ideal for those that have recently switched to Mac from Windows and want to import their QuickBooks for Windows or even Quicken for Mac data.
When you install QuickBooks and choose to setup a New Account, you are taken through a setup wizard which first requests you for your tax registration details and select a category for your area of business. After this the program's main interface opens but don't be overwhelmed - it tries to help you by highlighting the key areas it thinks are appropriate using the Guide Me switch which is located in the top right corner.
Guide Me is activated by default meaning when you click on a section - such as Enter Bills - a dialog on the right hand side pops up helping you along. Amongst the type of tasks you can choose from are Create Sales Receipts, Enter Bills, Write Checks and View Finance Charges. If you switch Guide Me off, you'll be able to see the entire layout and options available. You'll see that they are separate into different categories such as Vendor, Customer and Employee.
The depth of QuickBooks is quite astonishing. You can do absolutely everything from creating invoices and paying bills online to managing expenses and gaining insights into your business with over 100 reports. It also integrates with MobileMe, Address Book and iCal. The only slight downside is that it isn't completely same as the more advanced Windows version. For example, there are far fewer keyboard shortcuts in the Mac version and there's no support for content menus by CMD-clicking (right-click on Windows).
Overall however, QuickBooks for Mac is a superb financial accounting app that will satisfy all but the most demanding business owner.
- Fixed a crash that was occurring in some company files imported from Quicken.
- Fixed a crash that was occurring opening some company files.
- Fixed a bug where some transactions (i.e. deposits, general journal, transfers) were incorrectly showing for the first customer in the Customer Center.
- Fixed a bug where customer notes were sometimes lost when upgrading company files from previous versions.
- Fixed a bug where an IIF import of accounts would sometimes re-order items/sub-items.
- Fixed a bug when trying to add a new Credit Card after round-tripping some files.
- Fixed a bug where the link to a Credit Card transaction was sometimes lost round-tripping some files.
- Add support for Intuit GoPayment accounts and transaction processing.
- Fixed a bug where the Download Transactions window would sometimes remain open after closing a company file.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur printing a report as PDF.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur running the Customer Summary Report.
- Fixed a bug where the P&L by Job Report was showing amounts/balances as "overflow" on Snow Leopard in some company files.
- Fixed a bug where the Unpaid Bills Detail report was showing "overflow" amounts on Snow Leopard in some company files.
- Fixed a bug where multi-page statements Sent in Email were sometimes all printing on a single page.
- Fixed a bug where budget reports would sometimes print blank.